Monday, July 31, 2006

Where We Lounge
















This is my favourite room not just because it's very large but it just has a lovely relaxing feel and is full of all my favourite things. It is very light and airy and has the most fantastic paneled ceiling. It is on the first floor and stretches right across the width of the house. This has always been a drawing room as the Edwardians always put their best room on the first floor.
The house is only yards from a great expanse of fields that is sacred to the city just as Central Park is to Manhattan.
The floor is solid walnut and the French Sofa is my pride and joy and I would never part with it.

6 comments:

CHLOE said...

this room epitomizes glamour.
absolutely AH-dore
xoxo-
Chloe

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

So pretty, thanks for sharing. I love the mirror.
**************************
YOU'RE INVITED TO VIEW AND COMMENT ON MY BLOG.
http://madebygirl.blogspot.com/
***************************
JENNIFER RAMOS
madebygirl.com

Maggie Ann said...

What a delightful and elegant room. I can see why it is your favorite. I'm just over from Lidy's delightful blog to visit yours...smile.

Gina said...

It's so beautiful!

acaligurl said...

ohhh ahhhh love the lounge room.

Parisbreakfasts said...

WOW WOW WOW!
Where was I when you sold all this...
YUM